Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wednesday 6/18

VEGAS UPDATE-

COACH KRIS MADE IT TO DAY THREE! He is one of only 30 men to make it to today! 

Supplement central: here is coach Gina telling us what she uses and loves:

I'm horrible about remembering to take supplements, so the PurePharma-3 box of supplements is a huge help. It's got everything I need in convenient daily- dose packages. The PurePharma O3 is an Omega-3 soft gel with many benefits that include: inflammation reduction, maintaining eye and brain function, as well as improved oxygen delivery. The PurePharma-M3 is a magnesium and zinc capsule that helps improve muscle function on a cellular level as well as reduce fatigue and enhances recovery which means you'll be less sore after a tough WOD. The D3 capsule also included in the package will reduce your risk of osteoporosis and improve your immune function. Adding these supplements into my daily regimen hasn't made me some super hero- like crossfitter, but I have seen some great improvements. I've dealt with uncomfortable inflammation in my knee from a snowboarding accident years ago, which is virtually all gone. Out of all 3 supplements the magnesium and zinc capsule is my favorite because I've felt an increase in energy and a decrease in soreness which obviously means I can continue to hit WODs hard even at the end of a long week. Although I may not feel its effects the D3 is important for me to take because I need strong bones to lift and I can't afford to get sick (I don't know about you, but I get grumpy if I miss a workout!).

Fitness:
A. Hang Squat Clean x 2 EMOM x 7 Min @ 80% of Max Clean
B1. TGU x 2 each Arm x 4 sets
Rest 30 Sec.
B2. Hollow Rock to Superman x 8 x 4 sets
Rest 30 Sec.

+

15 Min AMRAP
400m Run (Run left around building, DON'T HUG THE CORNER OF THE BUILDING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL)
15 DB Thrusters (40's/25's#)
30 DU's or 10 Cal Row

Performance:
A. 3 Position Clean (Hi Hang, Hang, Full) EMOM x 7 Min @ 80% Max Clean
B. 20 TGU's (53/35#)

+

15 Min AMRAP
400m Run (Run left around building, DON'T HUG THE CORNER OF THE BUILDING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL)
15 Thrusters (95/65#)
30 DU's

No comments:

Post a Comment