Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wednesday 6/11

Supplement talk: We have been carrying a ton of new product in our retail area so we as coaches decided to tell you about our favorites and why we take them. Here is coach Meg talking about her favorite supplement,  Nutriforce BCAA's:

" I take a few different supplements regularly including a high quality fish oil, magnesium, a protein powder post workout, and BCAAs. To be totally honest I thought the natural aminos tasted fairly terrible when I first started using them. I was used to brands with more sweeteners so the switch to a cleaner supplement while a good decision, tasted pretty gross. After a few days, the gross turned into delicious and now I drink the aminos in my water all day long. Seriously, if you see me on the floor check out my water- it's always pink from the aminos. I'm averaging about 2 gallons a day so not only does it make it taste better (water gets really boring sometimes) but it also has a ton of benefits for me as an athlete.

Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) trigger protein synthesis for greater muscle growth and also helps maintain lean muscle mass.  They can also increase fat burning, balance hormones and increase glucose tolerance to keep you lean. This also helps in your body's ability to respond to the intense training we do in the gym.  BCAAs also improve neuromuscular adaptations which enhances strength gains with training.

So, in a nutshell, on top of helping with muscle retention, aiding with fat burning and balancing hormones, BCAAs can also enhance performance when training. Super beneficial, I'd recommend it be in every athletes daily supplement regimen"

Fitness:
A.  Front Squat: 2 reps EMOM x 6 minutes @ 65% of max
B.  Hang Power Clean; TnG reps x 2-3 reps EMOM x 6 minutes @ 70-75% of max Power Clean
+
15 Min AMRAP
3 Hang Power Cleans (135/85#)
5 Box Jumps (24/20")
7 Pull ups or Ring Rows

Performance:
A.  Front Squat: 2 reps EMOM x 6 minutes @ 65% of max
B.  Hang Power Clean; TnG reps x 2-3 reps EMOM x 6 minutes @ 70-75% of max Power Clean
+
15 Min AMRAP
3 Power Cleans (205/125#)
5 Burpee Box Jumps (24/20")
7 CTB Pull ups

No comments:

Post a Comment